Monday, April 14, 2008

Reading Rainbow

That's actually a picture of my "finished" stack next to my bed --->


So, I'm not sure if anyone has noticed, but on my side bar over there I've been reading books like mad--like MAD...and I'm not even just changing out the titles to make it seem like I'm a totally voracious reader. I really am reading--and finishing, I might add--all of those books. Wow! Are you not impressed by how super-smart I am?

I have to make a confession, though. I'm cheating. While I am reading (and finishing!) all of those books I've been listing, all of them are books I had half-read already and then put down because I have the attention span of a grasshopper sometimes. I have instituted a new reading plan for myself. I call it the "If-it's-listed-on-my-blog-then-I-must-finish-it-before-picking-up-another-book Reading Plan."

It's working out great! So far I've read (finished reading--whatever) three whole (half--whatever) books! I also am feeling very smart and accomplished. Me am such a well-read person!

Anyway, I just wanted to put that little disclaimer out there so as not to lead anyone, mostly myself, into any delusions of grandeur. I like to put humility out there, you know, so everyone can see how self-deprecating I am.

2 comments:

The Bagboy said...

So your finished stack came from an old billionaire's library?

Dylan Newhouse said...

Remember that bit in The Great Gatsby when he's in the crazy-rich dude's mansion & theres this library of thousands of books, which it turns out are "uncut" & only there for show, almost like trophies?

I think there's a scene like that in Gatsby. I wonder how that book ended.